Tuesday, April 2, 2013

My Quarter Year Crisis-Getting Back on Track


One quarter of 2013 is over.  I think March was my Quarter Year Crisis month.  I didn’t balance my checkbook once. Not only did I not balance it, I didn’t input my purchases.  I haven’t behaved that way in five or six years.  Usually updating the checkbook and making sure everything balances is my way of feeling in control and that all is right, at least in my little world.

My eating was out of control (darn my favorite cupcake place opening in my town!!!) and  cleaning was sporadic.  I think I was throwing a grown-up temper tantrum.  Tired of being the responsible one. Tired of being the one who takes care of all of the finances, cleaning, calendar, communication, kids activities, social obligations, etc.

Luckily I still held on to some 2013 habits. I’m caught up on my Bible reading and here I am doing my own writing even though I contemplated posting other people’s blogs while the kids are out of school for two weeks.

So it’s a new month, and new quarter, a new start.
What are my goals for April:
  • Keep up with Bible reading
  • Keep up with writing
  • Exercise 3x a week
  • Make April’s budget and keep up with checkbook
  • Date Night
  • Clean out house for friend’s garage sale for Kenya Mission Trip (I am never motivated to clean unless there’s a good reason!)


What do I need to do to get back on track:
  • LOOK at my goals daily
  • Hang my progress chart so I can fill in the boxes daily (remember that low tech chart paper I used to track my progress for January? I took it down for a talk and never put one back up. Bad news!)
  • Share my goals with my accountability partner
  • Scrap the month of March in the checkbook and just start over for April.
  • Use the cash envelope system (sure cuts down on inputting all those food transactions!)


ARE YOU AT A POINT WHERE YOU NEED TO GET BACK ON TRACK? WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MEET YOUR GOALS THIS MONTH? 

Feel free to post in the comment section below. It’s amazing what putting your goals down into writing can do to help you stay on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment