Wednesday, May 15, 2013

It's ALWAYS the right time to be your best!

I was asked to think of something happening in my life in July to serve as my “anchor” for my weight loss goals.  Why July? I don’t know. I guess because it’s far enough away to realistically make some good progress yet close enough to feel some urgency?

Funny thing is that it seems like there’s always something that makes me think, “Oh, if only I were 10-15 pounds lighter.”  Cute spring dresses, sexy Halloween costumes, dresses for the husband’s work Christmas party.  I’ve been WAITING for years for the 80’s trend to come back into fashion and here they are except I’m not at my 80’s weight.  I find myself thinking, “If only I had started taking care of myself six months ago.... “

I finally realized that it’s ALWAYS a good time to be your best.  There’s always going to be a reason that I wish I started taking care of myself six months ago instead of waiting until now.

It doesn’t just apply to weight loss.

I’ve talked about enjoying being in musicals.  It feeds my soul.  Each time auditions come up I panic about having to sing.  When I was a Senior in high school, I had a really bad experience with singing in front of people that completely changed the way I saw myself.  I made a promise that some day I’d take voice lessons and make things better.  I finally took my first lesson last week.  Auditions are tonight and you bet I’m wishing I had started lessons six months ago.  

Oh well, I guess I’m getting ready for whatever auditions are in six months!

It’s ALWAYS the right time to be your best.  Your six months ago starts TODAY.

IN WHAT AREA OF YOUR LIFE DO YOU WANT TO BE BETTER? WHAT CAN YOU DO RIGHT NOW TO BE BETTER IN SIX MONTHS?

UPDATE:  I found my anchor for July.  I got a role in our theatre’s production of The Wiz and the rumor is that the setting is Steampunk. We start rehearsals July 8th. It’s always the right time to look good in a corset!! My “six months ago” starts right now!






2 comments:

  1. Wow, Auntie Em is getting quite an updated look! I have no July anchor, I'll have to work on that, right now, I just want to survive a 3 day camp with my son with over 2 miles of hiking a day! That was my anchor for 4 months ago. I've worked out every week, 5-6 times a week. I definitely have more stamina and feel stronger. My next anchor is my birthday in October. I plan a lot of kayaking and hiking this summer and to change it into a lifestyle for my family instead of just my hobby. I've been waiting for the kids to be old enough to survive long hikes, my son is there, we'll have to see how far we can push little sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha!! Can you see her doing laundry in that? I'm thinking my fun costuming will be for the dance numbers.

    I'm so proud of you for sticking to your conditioning for the camp. I don't think it will take sis long to catch up this summer. Let us know when you are going out for hikes and we'll join you. Wish I had a kayak to join you for that.

    ReplyDelete