Thursday, February 21, 2013

Let's Kick Fear's Ass




Back to my First World problems. I have an audition tomorrow and I’m freaking out.  Now I say those words and the sweet nice people in my life say, “Oh, you’ll do great!”

Really? You know that? Because no one ever goes up in front of a director and freezes.  Because no one ever stands up to sing and misses the first note messing up the rest of the song.  It happens. I know. Because I’ve done it.  You remember the frog from the Bugs Bunny cartoons, Michigan J. Frog, who sang like crazy until he was put on the stage to perform and then he was just a frog who opened up his mouth and said, “Croak!” Ya, that’s me.

I’ve had no singing lessons in my life. People talk about notes they can or can’t sing or their ranges and I’m like, “Um... I think I’m a second Soprano... Oh what? They don’t call it that anymore? I’m a Mezzo? Oh cool, thanks.”

I have a good voice, but it’s a whole other beast to stand on stage by yourself and sing. While being judged.  I honestly rather have a brazilian bikini wax.

And yet at the same time, this is all very exciting. I love performing and I enjoy the process of auditioning.  I love that I have set this challenge to face my fear and hopefully kick its ass.

So today, I’m holing myself up in my apartment and practicing until I can’t practice anymore. (which is in about two hours when I have to pick up my kids from school)

Hope you are facing your fears too.

Keep on Rockin’
Luna

No comments:

Post a Comment