Tuesday, June 12, 2012

That's what DVR is for.

Even though I was watching My Best Friend's Wedding for the first time in over a decade and it was my favorite part where they break out in song at the restaurant with the workers in the background wearing crab claw oven mitts swaying back and forth, I did turn off the TV and go to bed at 10pm.  I thought, "Heck, that's what DVR is for." But that's been true for years yet I have had the hardest time turning the boob tube off at a reasonable hour.

It was still hard for me to go to sleep despite the fact that I was so tired at 7:30pm, but I managed.  Getting up wasn't a joy either but I'm not expecting miracles after just one day.

Today is the last day of school for the kids and I've been working on our "daily schedule" to try to keep a routine this summer.  We'll see how that goes.  I'm so not good at enforcing routines.  I love them, I need them, but I need someone to keep me accountable.  You'd be surprised how much having a blog audience does that for me.  I know someone will be reading this and somehow that makes me motivated to get done what I said I'd do. So if you're having a hard time keeping your promises to yourself, start a blog! Imagine all of these people blogging about going to bed on time. Our grandparent's generation would be laughing pretty darn hard at us."Why in my day, you went to bed at a decent hour because that's what you're suppose to do!"

No comments:

Post a Comment